If you know us Salty Blondes well, then you KNOW all three of us love a good bowl of popcorn. You can bet the very first thing each of us registered for when we got engaged was a popcorn popper.
Our go-to is obviously freshly popped corn with a half a stick of butter and salt (obviously). Sometimes we like to switch it up and, if we're feeling super UNhealthy, we go for the white chocolate or caramel corn.
WHITE CHOCOLATE POPCORN
This one is super easy.
1. Pop your corn
2. Pour about 2 tablespoons of melted butter over
3. Sprinkler with salt and mix
4. Melt about 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips
5. Drizzle melted white chocolate over top and mix
6. Add more salt if desired
Let the bowl sit out until the chocolate hardens or throw the bowl in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
Tip: the white chocolate chips melt best in a double boiler. We don't have one, so we make our own by boiling a little bit of water in a pan, then setting a glass bowl with the chocolate chips on top, making sure the water isn't touching the bowl. Stir continuously until melted. See picture below :)
EASY CARAMEL CORN
1. Pop your corn
2. Melt 2 sticks of butter + 1/2 Cup of brown sugar + 8 large marshmallows or 1 Cup mini marshmallows in pan
3. Stir ingredients continuously until melted and bring to a boil. Boil for about a minute. Keep stirring.
4. Pour over popcorn and mix
Note: our original recipe calls for one stick of butter, but Paige uses two, which makes it a little less sticky, but obviously more fattening. At this point though, does that really matter?
These are both so yummy and perfect to bag up and give out at a Halloween party or even to trick-or-treaters! Let us know what you think in the comments if you try either of these!