Regan here bringing you another one of my favorite quick, fresh, and easy go-to recipes!
When Cal was in the hospital one of my friends and neighbors (thanks Meg!) brought us these and they were so yummy! They tasted so fresh and healthy and were the perfect pick-me-up after a long day of sitting in the hospital. I asked her for the recipe and have been making them often ever since, but found a way to make them even a little bit healthier!
Here's the original recipe (this blog has a lot of other yummy-looking wrap recipes that I plan on trying!). Really the only thing that wasn't super healthy was the chipotle dressing, so I subbed a couple of things and can't tell a bit of a difference! Find my version of the recipe below.
I like to make these at the beginning of the week (sometimes I'll even double the recipe), then throw together these wraps for easy, healthy lunches.
Fresh & Easy Summer Chicken Wraps
Tortillas (my friend brought us a package of those uncooked tortillas and I've used those every time I've made them)
Shredded Chicken (I buy a rotisserie chicken from Costco)
Island Lime Rice (recipe below)
Chipotle Ranch Dressing (recipe below)
Black Bean & Corn Salsa (recipe below)
ISLAND LIME RICE
1 C. Jasmine long-grain rice
1 C. cold water
½ C. chicken stock
1 T. butter
½ t. salt
¼ C. cilantro- chopped
2 T. lime juice
1. In a large sauce pan bring the water and chicken stock to a boil.
2. Add the rice, butter and salt.
3. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
4. When the rice is cooked, fluff then stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Mix well.
BLACK BEAN SALSA
1 Can black beans; drained and rinsed
1 C. frozen corn; thawed and drained
1 small or ½ large red pepper; diced
Zest of 1 lime
2 T. lime juice
3 T. cilantro; chopped
1 jalapeno; diced
1 t. salt
½ t. pepper
1. Mix all ingredients together to form the salsa.
CHIPOTLE RANCH DRESSING
1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 C. plain Greek yogurt (I use low fat)
1 C. milk
1 Chipotle Pepper (or two if you like extra spicy like us) with 2 T. Adobo sauce (from 1 can of Chipotle Peppers packed in Adobo sauce. You can find these in the Mexican section at most supermarkets.)*
1. In a blender pour the milk and the ranch dressing powder. Mix on high until well blended.
2. Add the Greek yogurt. Blend on high again for a few seconds.
3. Add 1 chipotle pepper and 2 T. of Adobo sauce from the can. Blend again until the dressing comes together.
4. Allow to set up in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
We kind of stuff ours and the tortillas we use aren't huge, so these look more like tacos than wraps but just go with it ;)
If you make these, let me know how you liked them in the comments below!
Pin this post: